Online Application Form Contents
- I apply for admission as
- Self-funded student,
- E+ Scholarship student,
Applicants in their final year of Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply under this ‘combined’ section – E+ Scholarship and/or Self-funded student – They might be offered an E+ scholarship or accepted as self-funded student, depending on their application’s evaluation results.
- Personal Details
- Visa information
- Cover Letter mentioning
- prior studies in the geospatial domain,
- any experience in remote sensing and/or cartography,
- your programming/software development experience,
- prior or current geospatial project experiences and
- any involvement in outreach and community services.
- Prior Academic Degree(s)
- Current Study (if applicable)
- Current or former Work Experience
- Geospatial Expertise (additional criteria)
- Language Proficiency
- E+ Scholarship Applicants
- Self-Funded Applicants: Statement of Financial Resources
- References (e.g. former teachers, able and willing to communicate in English).
- Personal Motivation Letter, in this letter, the candidate should explain
- how past experiences have prepared him/her for participation in the E+ Joint Master Programme,
- how this programme will improve his or her own career perspectives and
- will support personal ambitions and objectives. It should be specific!
- Attachments (see below)
- Declaration of Correctness and Understanding
- One more final question
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), based on the English template from the Europass website, including a passport photo.
- Proof of identity and nationality (color scanned copy of the passport photo page).
- Proof of current residency, e.g. residential registration form (PRADO lists the documents that could serve as proof of legal residency).
- A copy of your academic degree awards, including diploma supplement, if available (plus certified translation where documents not issued in English or German).
- A copy of your transcript of studies (plus certified translation where documents not issued in English or German).
- Formal proof of English proficiency, C1 equivalence – see Europass CV, (and CEFR) or confirmation of prior degree studies entirely conducted in English language; C1 level is given preference, however, B2 or an equivalent level shall be accepted as well.
- Reference Letter 1 (optional), e.g. previous or current professors/teachers or employers.
- Reference Letter 2 (optional).
- Signed declaration.
Original foreign language documents (except for English-language documents) must be accompanied by certified English translations which were carried out by court-certified translators. Translators must attach the original documents to the translation so they cannot be separated. If the translation is not carried out in Austria, the translator must be authorised by the responsible Austrian Embassy.
Please note: You have to distinguish between legalization and translation of documents. We only accept documents in languages other than German or English if a certified interpreter (translator) has translated them into English language.
Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English/instruction language test scores, or a certificate confirming completion of studies (at least four-semesters) in English language at a recognized post-secondary educational institution.
- C1 or a higher level: IELTS Academic (Scale 1-9): ≥ 6,5 | TOEFL IBT (Scale 0-120): ≥ 95
‘Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.’
Cambridge Exams (Scale 0-230)
- C1 Advanced (=CAE): A, B, C or Cambridge English Scale Score ≥ 180
- C2 Proficiency (=CPE): passed or Cambridge English Scale Score ≥ 180
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- IELTS Academic (Scale 1-9): ≥ 6,5
Pearson Test of English Academic
- PTE Academic (Scale 10-90): ≥ 76
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- TOEFL IBT (Scale 0-120): ≥ 95
- Advanced English III (Sprachenzentrum, Ziel C1): Gut oder Sehr Gut
- Advanced English IV (Sprachenzentrum, Ziel C1+): Bestanden
- B2: IELTS Academic (Scale 1-9): ≥ 6 | TOEFL IBT (Scale 0-120): ≥ 78
Level B2 corresponds to independent users of the language; B2 or an equivalent level may be accepted on the basis of the online interview, which forms an integrative part of the selection for admission by the Degree Programme’s Selection Committee.
Provide a certificate confirming completion of at least four-semester study in English language at a recognized post-secondary educational institution.
latest update: November 3, 2019